See our kinesiology tape instructions below to learn more on how to better apply and use CureTape® kinesiotape. THYSOL has created this page in response to the many questions it has received world-wide regarding tape application and use. These kinesiology tape instructions apply regardless of the tape technique e.g., Lymph taping, physiotherapy taping.
Kinesiology tape instructions for applying CureTape®:
- Always make sure that the treatment area is clean, dry and free of oils. to be stuck to the skin is clean, dry and free of grease.
- It is recommended to always apply the tape directly to the skin. The hair on the skin will impact adhesiveness, so it is recommended to remove any hair in the application area. Care must be taken should a razor be used to remove the hair, since abrasions or wounds can be created.
- The application of the tape is easiest if you cut a piece of tape with the cotton side facing up.
- The base and the armature of the kinesiology tape are always applied without stretching.
- The tape adhesion will be maximized if the ‘anchor’ of the tape is cut at the base of the tape.
- Avoid folds in the kinesiology tape or in the skin under the tape. Folds in the tape could easily cause blisters.
- Light and prolonged rubbing of the kinesiology tape improves adherence if the material is warmer. It is recommended to not apply external sources of heat to areas of skin with tape (for example, do not blow dry).
- Sometimes there is short-term (10 to 20 minutes) itching under the tape. This is should not be viewed as a problem. However, itching or irritation that lasts longer than half an hour, it is advised to remove the kinesiology tape.
- The kinesiology tape must be carefully removed. One method is to remove it while showering. Another very effective way is to remove the tape painlessly through the use of oil, such as baby oil. Oil acrylic helps to dissolve the adhesion to the skin. It is also possible to sprinkle the tape-application with Sterilium whereby the adhesive layer also dissolves.
- Removing the tape carelessly or with too much force can cause skin irritation and blisters, so it is recommended to use care when removing the tape.
- To remove any tape convolutions (visible ripples on the kinesiology tape by the lifting effect of the skin), apply the tape with minimal stretch.
- By treating the skin before taping with a skin pre-taping spray, possible skin irritation can be avoided. The adhesive strength of the tape also increases so that the Kinesiology tape can be worn for longer. It is always advisable to apply a pre-taping spray prior to treatment.
THYSOL Medical Kinesiology Tape: CureTape®
THYSOL has developed and manufacturers its’ own brand of kinesiology tape known as CureTape®. Since 1998 CureTape® is produced in our own factory in South Korea, because we manage the production process itself, we can guarantee the highest quality.
Product Features of CureTape® Kinesiology Tape
- High-quality product
- No additional medications used in the manufacturing process
- Elastic cotton tape with a stretchability of 130 to 140% (similar to the human skin)
- Air and water permeable but resistant to water (showering, swimming)
- Hypoallergenic 100% acrylic adhesive layer, arranged according to a wave pattern and activated under the influence of body heat
- CureTape® can remain for several days, for a unique 24-hour treatment